If you are an entrepreneur you have likely heard, over and over again how important it is to use affirmations to get your mindset in the right place for success in your home business. For some people, affirmations can take them in the wrong direction. There might be something even better and more effective than using affirmations.
Why is it that traditional affirmations don’t work? Because we’re trying to convince ourselves of something, and our minds don’t believe that it’s true. So saying something like, “I am rich” over and over again, will not bring you riches if you do not believe at your core that it is true.
In his book “Secret Code of Success,” Noah St. John instead suggests using afFORMations, which are like affirmations but in the form of questions. Here’s the thing, your amazing brain is wired to answer any questions that are posed to it. And what happens is, the brain will search for answers to support these questions you ask yourself.
The questions you ask in your brain, will either lead you towards your goals and success or away from them and toward failure. Which do you prefer?
Your brain already does afformations everyday anyway, but usually in a negative way (disempowering questions), like:
- “Why can’t I attract the kind of people I’d like to?”
- “Why am I not good enough?”
- “Why don’t I ever have enough money?”
- “Why is no one signing up with me?”
So if your brain is going to be seeking answers to questions anyway, why not ask questions that will lead you to success?
An affirmation would say something like, “I am successful.” An afformation, however, is put it in the form of a question(an empowering question); that way your brain is wired to find a solution. Ask yourself, “why am I so successful?” as if you already are successful, and your mind is going to figure out why that is, and will lead you on a path to be successful.
Your brain is going to think, “Hmmmm, why AM I successful?” And it will search for evidence to support that. In doing so, it will lead you to take actions towards being successful. Ideas will come into your head, sometimes in a flash that will direct you towards your goals.
Here are some other examples of afformations (empowering questions), but you will want to come up with your own:
- Why am I attracting so many leaders to my business?
- Why am I so productive with my time each day?
- Why am I making so many prospecting calls each day?
- Why am I talking to so many qualified prospects?
- Why am I getting checks in the mail every week?
- Why do my credit cards have a zero balance?
- Why am I such a great leader?
- Why are so many people joining my team? (or you could be more specific: why are 1-3 people joining my business each week?)
When you ask yourself these questions (and ones like it), everyday, throughout the day, start paying attention to clues and signs around you (not to mention that still, quiet voice in your head) that will lead you towards your goals, and towards getting those questions answered.
1. Write out a list of 5-10 disempowering questions about your beliefs about yourself and your business
2. Write out a list of 5-10 Empowering questions (Afformations), and repeat them out loud throughout the day everyday.
3. Continue to add you your positive Afformation list everyday
4. Pick up the book “The Secret Code of Success,” by Noah St. John, to get the full story behind afformations and how they can help transform your life in a tremendously positive way.
If you find this information helpful, please comment below. Would love to hear from you.
To your success!
Connect with me on Facebook