How to Handle the Time Objection: MLM Recruiting Tips
At some point when you are prospecting for your network marketing business, you will come across someone who will say they like your business opportunity, but they don’t have the time to devote to it.
If they don’t make a change, then nothing changes for them.
In order to best be able to handle the time objection, it’s important that you get the answers to these questions before you even go through your company presentation with them. So here are some MLM recruiting tips for your first conversation with them:
– Why are you looking to start a home business or earn money from home?
– How much money do you want to earn per month?
– What would that do for you?
– How important is it to you that you achieve that level of income so that you can _______ (list the things they just said they wanted)?
So when you go over your company’s presentation or video with them, or however it is that you share with them you will be prepared to handle the time objection.
They just told you how much money they want to earn and why, so make sure you remember that information when you do the follow up call.
What to say for the Time Objection
Let’s say you are now doing the follow-up call and your prospect says he likes everything, but he doesn’t have the time right now to do it. Here are some MLM recruiting tips for what to say when someone gives you that dreaded “time objection”:
- You can say “Perfect!” (this will definitely surprise them). “Some of the most successful people in our company are very busy people. Have you ever heard the phrase, ‘if you want something done, ask a busy person to help you’?” (they will agree. Then say, “If your goals are as important to you as you told me they are, then we will work together on helping you carve out some time in your schedule. What other questions do you have about what you’ve seen so far?” (You make a U-turn- by answering their question and following it immediately with another question)
- Say, “if you DID have the time, do you know for certain that you would want to work with me and grow this (say the name of your company) business?”
- Or, say, “(name), before you watched the video, you told me that your goal is to earn $____/mo, so that you could ________(list reasons they told you in the first call). Tell me again, how important is it to you that you can do those things?” (they will most likely tell you very important). “Look, I am on your side, and am committed to helping you achieve those goals. Let’s look at your schedule and your daily habits, and find ways we can carve out time for you work this business in your schedule.
- “Look, (Name) I don’t make a bunch of money by getting you in the business. I only make money when I help you have success. You have told me why it’s important for you to earn $_______ each month. If you do not make a change in your life now, and you continue earning only the income you are earning right now, how long will it take you to achieve those goals?” Because basically, if they don’t change something about their life right now, nothing will change.
- “Are you saying you don’t have the time because you really don’t have the time, or are you just saying that because you don’t want to hurt my feelings?” Saying this will actually help them to relax a little bit, and you will also get to the root of why they have the time objection.
Come from a position of being an advocate for your prospect, not as a salesperson trying to get someone else in your business. Figure out if they really have a desire to create change in their lives. And if they do, them telling you they have a time objection or money objection may really be a sign that they are just nervous about starting something new, and they are reluctant to step out of their comfort zone to try something new.
If you come from a position of strength, confidence and good posture, you will not run into these objections so much, and when you do, you will be able to help allay some of their fears.
Finding out their “why” for doing a home business, and how important it is to them that they achieve that can make the difference between you enrolling or not enrolling your prospect in your business.
It is not your responsibility to convince them to join your business. But it is your responsibility to show them what you’ve got, how it can help them reach their goals, and to see if it’s a good fit for them. If you can see that they clearly like what they’ve seen, you think they have what it takes to be successful in network marketing, and it’s just a matter of them stepping out of their comfort zone, then do not give into every objection and excuse they give you. What they really might be looking for is your leadership, your taking them by the hand and saying, ‘Let’s DO this.”
If you like this post, please comment below. I’d love to hear from you.
Here’s to your success!
P.S.Here Is One Of The Fastest Ways I Know To Establish the right mindset for growing your business and creating more leads (Unless You Already Have A Giant Team and Too Many Leads) Click Here For Instant Access