Where do you find more prospects and more leads for your network marketing business? Having no leads or no one to talk to will be the death of your business, plain and simple. To have success in network marketing, direct sales, or any type of sales, you obviously have to have people to talk to.
It has been reported many times that 80-90% of Americans are unfulfilled in the jobs they have. That means there are millions and millions of people who may be looking for more out of life, and that is a tremendous opportunity for you. We have over 180,000 people per week who are looking at starting a home-based business. So if there are so many people out there to talk to, why do so many distributors feel they have no leads?
It’s absurd, really.
However, the lack of people to talk to is more a state of mind than anything, because there are millions of people who want more out of life. It’s our job to go out and find them.
It’s really not a lack of people, but more likely one’s fear of getting rejected by people they know and don’t know. But consider this, statistically speaking, if 80 -90% of the general population are not fulfilled in their jobs, then it is quite likely that 80-90% of your friends and people in your circle of influence are the same way. You have something that can truly help them make changes in their lives for the better. All you are going to do is share it with them, then let them decide what to do with the information.
If you’ve been in network marketing for any length of time, you’ve likely been instructed to create a “Warm Market” list of people to talk to. Your company has likely given you a “Memory Jogger” sheet to help you come up with a list of names of people you know who you can share your new business with.
On average, people know at least 250 people by their first name. Some have said most people know up to 2000 people. Let’s take the first example- 250 people in your warm market. Each of those people also know on average 250 people. So just in that circle of influence you have access to up to 62,500 people!! Theoretically, you should never run out of people to talk to just by going to your warm market and their warm market.
But we all want to generate more leads, right?
14 Ways to Find Prospects for Your Network Marketing Business
1. Warm market– people you know.
2. Bulletin boards around town – get business cards of other people there
(they are advertising for more business, so they are likely looking for more
3. Lifestyle marketing (when you are out and about living your life you will
meet people. For example, grocery store, kids’ sporting events, shopping)
4. Networking events (Meetup.com, Chamber of Commerce events, etc)
5. Referrals from people you know or with whom you’ve shared your
business. It’s a good practice to say to prospects who don’t join your
business, “Who do you know who…. (Fill in the blank with whatever it is you
are promoting. Or you could say, “Who do you know who’s been affected by
the economy and is looking for more ways to earn money?”)
6. Yellow pages (it will trigger your mind for more people you can talk to)
7. Social media (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc). Add friends and followers,
but do not pitch them with your opportunity right away. Build a relationship
with them first.
8. Local meetings, seminars (for business or entrepreneurs)
9. Drop cards (these look like real $100 bills but on the back you can put your
message and website). Check out Realistic Drop Cards. An example of what you can have printed on the back is “If you want to work your whole life, that’s your business. If you don’t, that’s my business.” Then below put an 800# to call or a website.
10. Post-It note marketing (get a simple stamp from an office supply store, and put a simple quote on their with an 800# or a website. One example of what to put on there is “$20/hour or $20,000/mo, you decide!” You can leave the Post-It notes or Drop cards at: ATM machines, gas station pumps, self improvement books or personal finance books at the book stores or library and other places as well.
11. Recruiting Professionals online (Todd Falcone, who is a master recruiter, has a great Recruiting Professionals course on this as well as a script book called “Little Black Book of Scripts” that you can order and he spells out exactly what to say when calling prospects.)
12. Buy leads (such as Cutting Edge Media or Responsive Data).
13. Advertise online (free advertising through Craig’s List or Backpage; paid advertising like Facebook pay-per click (PPC))
14. Advertise offline in newspapers in the Classified section
Leads are a way of life in this business, and your best bet is to generate leads through 3-7 different sources. Some of those examples are listed above. If you want to make any level of money in this business then it is crucial to your success to make phone calls and connect with people on a regular basis. Have you heard “ABP” before? It means Always Be Prospecting. There are prospects everywhere!
If you like this post, please comment below or share with friends!
To your success!